Repatriate your 2nd and 3rd pillar pension plans under the best exchange conditions
Repatriating your pension outside of Switzerland
- The 2nd pillar pension plan, also known as the occupational pension provision, represents a potentially significant amount in Swiss francs (from several tens of thousands to several hundreds of thousands, and even more on the uppermost end).
- The 3rd pillar pension plan, which is a form of the so-called optional pension provision (in which the cross-border worker can choose whether or not to contribute) can also represent a significant amount of Swiss francs.
In both cases, any cross-border worker wanting to withdraw Swiss francs from his or her pension for a purchase in euros (such as for retirement, the purchase of a primary residence or for starting a business) will have an interest, given the amounts involved, in minimising exchange costs and obtaining the best exchange rate. This is precisely what b-sharpe can offer you with its competitive currency exchange service.
How to repatriate your 2nd pillar pension plan as a cross-border worker
A cross-border worker can decide to withdraw funds from his or her 2nd pillar pension plan in a number of situations:
- if they are of legal retirement age in Switzerland (65 years for men; 64 years for women),
- if they wish to take early retirement and if the pension fund regulations allow it (at age 58),
- for the purchase of a primary residence,
- for starting a business.
The withdrawal of funds generally involves large to very large amounts, depending on the cross-border worker's income and pension fund. In a few rare instances, for cross-border workers with high incomes and large pension funds, this amount may even exceed one million Swiss francs.
In the case of a withdrawal of funds from the 2nd pillar, a cross-border worker will have an interest in using a service such as b-sharp which enables him or her to reduce exchange fees to a minimum and receive a much more competitive exchange rate than what's offered by a traditional bank, whether in Switzerland, France or another country in the European Union.
Reducing exchange fees for the repatriation of a 3rd pillar pension plan
- Pillar 3b is a retirement supplement whose value is expressed in Swiss francs. Funds can be withdrawn under conditions similar to those of the 2nd pillar plan.
- Pillar 3b works more like a life insurance contract and, depending on the type of contract chosen, it allows the insured person to receive pension benefits (in the event of death, for example) in addition to a lump sum.
Whatever the type of 3rd pillar pension plan, a cross-border worker who decides to cash it out and transfer it out of Switzerland will also enjoy minimal exchange fees and a very attractive exchange rate when converting Swiss francs into euros.
Examples of exchange fees for 2nd or 3rd pillar pension plans
- Exchanging 50,000 CHF for euros: you'll receive an average of 382 more euros than with a traditional service (bank or exchange office)
- Exchanging 300,000 CHF for euros: you'll receive an average of 1,000 more euros than with a traditional service (bank or exchange office)
How to benefit from b-sharpe's great terms
- Sign up! Registering with b-sharpe is free and with no obligation
- After your account is approved, you'll receive an IBAN, which you can send to your insurance company or pension fund as well as a document certifying that we will transfer the full amount received to the recipient's account.
- The funds in Swiss francs will then be transferred to b-sharpe, who will then exchange them for euros.
- b-sharpe will then transfer the funds to the bank account of your choice
Our customers talk about us...
Excellent contact en direct et excellent service à la clientèle, rapide et efficace.
Rapide, efficace et coût optimal.
Excellent and professionnel transaction
Fast, Professional and great exchange rate. The support is always available and provides fast and personalized solutions. I have not found any negative points.
Gouveia Alves Pereira Sergio
MAGNUS VASQUEZ Klaus Alberto
Didactique Feedback efficace
Simple, rapide, efficace. Merci !!!
Fast, efficient and very competitive rates...highly recommend b-Sharpe for forex transactions.
Save an average of 70% on the repatriation of your salary - all without having to change banks!
The most frequently asked questions...
Each month, cross-border employees are subject to exchange rate fluctuations between the Swiss franc and the euro when they look to exchange their salary. There are several ways to do it, but they're not all equal from a cost perspective.
Saving money is always good. b-sharpe's service saves an average of 70% on the margins that banks usually charge on top of the exchange rate for Swiss border salaries.
For a cross-border employee exchanging 5,000 CHF to EUR per month, the yearly savings would be approximately 624 EUR.
Additionally, our service is compatible with all configurations, so you don't need to change banks, whether in Switzerland, France or elsewhere.
b-sharpe is an online service which allows border-workers to exchange their Swiss francs for euros at the best rates.
With b-sharpe, cross-border workers don't need to change banks. They simply transfer the amount of their salary in Swiss francs that they wish to change to euros. b-sharpe then takes care of the exchange and transfers the euros into their bank account.
The diagram for the exchange and transfer of your salary is as follows:
- Your employer sends your salary in Swiss francs to your regular salary account (Swiss or foreign bank).
- Using b-sharpe, you transfer the amount of your salary in Swiss francs that you wish to exchange for euros.
- Once the exchange has been completed, b-sharpe transfers the amount in euros to the bank of your choice in France, Switzerland or elsewhere.
With b-sharpe, your employer can also directly transfer your salary to b-sharpe without going through a Swiss bank.
Transfers are insured against fraud and piracy
The b-sharpe multi-currency exchange platform ensures all customers' transfers against fraud, for a total of 3 million CHF. Your money's security is our priority.
An exchange and funds transfer service with the highest security standards
Hosted in Geneva, Switzerland, the b-sharpe platform benefits from the most advanced encryption technologies, thus ensuring 100% security for your transactions (whether for the exchange of your cross-border salary in Swiss francs or for transfering a sum of euros to your bank).
Contrary to the majority of banking establishments and exchange offices, b-sharpe has adopted a policy of total transparency with respect to its cross-border clients. For each exchange transaction from Swiss francs to euros, you'll know the exchange rate actually applied and the margin we also apply.
For each transaction, the reference rate used by b-sharpe is the interbank market's real-time rate. Our platform is, in fact, in constant connection with the major players in the currency market.
For more information on the exchange rate, take a look at this blog article: How an exchange rate is calculated (in french).
As such, our clients can be assured that the exchange rate charged by b-sharpe will always be as close as possible to a currency's actual rate, and they won't have to pay more for their transactions in foreign currencies.